Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm Grateful for my Floor

When I started my blog (this evening!) I didn't have any clue as to how often I'd post -- whether it'd be every day, once a week, or whenever the mood would strike me.

Well, it is way past my bedtime and I have already been awakened out of a deep sleep.


My hubby is away this week for work. Its just me and the kids. Normally, at times like these, I let the 6 year old sleep in my room. So, as soon as she asked, I obliged. The problem arose with my son..... At two years old he can be quite a handful. And when he wakes up in the middle of the night, usually my hubby deals with him. But tonight I was on my own. So I let him come into my bed.

He ended up being sick on my bed. Oh joy. So he ran to the couch to rest while I put my bedding in the washing machine. Not five minutes later, he got up from the couch, I heard him coughing and then he threw up again -- unsupervised.

I ran to the scene of the crime -- expecting the worst. And then the most amazing thing happened. I saw that he threw up on the FLOOR! Not on any toys, clothes, or books. It was the floor. And it was because I cleaned it.

I guess being sick isn't so bad when you have a clean house.

2 comments:

  1. All I could think of was oh no not the carpet.... but it was floor... very very cool.... hope you got it up before it took the finish off.
    Poor wee guy. Hope you told him what a good boy he was for doing this on the floor.
    There you go... blessing your family... again! don't look now but I think you're flyin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the joys of no carpeting.

    ReplyDelete