Sunday, February 27, 2011

The British are Coming!

It's been two months since we moved. It's been just as long since we've had normal internet at home. It's also been about that long since I was really flying.

Unfortunately when we moved, I think I packed my flying wings and I've been struggling every day. Until a few days ago.

A friend of my hubby's asked to come stay with us for the weekend. I love company and I love when this guy comes, so I said yes. He asked if he could bring a friend along and we were fine with that too. Until I heard his friend is British.

I have nothing against British people, I just had one bad experience with the son of my British friend. He came by right after we moved and matter of factly declared my house a mess. Now granted, he was a little boy, but still it upset me.

Well I decided that this time I would be prepared for our British guest. I spent HOURS cleaning and unpacking. My house looked awesome.

And then, as luck would have it, the British friend canceled. But he gave me the greatest gift- I  found and unpacked my wings!

7 comments:

  1. Where is the like button????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, where's the Like button when you need it...and send me some wings...I'm so fluttering. On the lighter side, we did get the fridge cleaned out today..... ***sigh*** still too much to get done.

    But GO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *\0/**\0/**\0/**\0/**\0/**\0/*

    Wonderful news Hudi! So glad you found them again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go
    Now you have done it, you just have to keep going.
    Make your own missions, on the way to pesach.
    FL says that in the beginning she just picked up 2 things every day!

    Make small aims and it will be OK

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic inspiration. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to come over and see your clean house! It looks great in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me - some Brits are trying to fly too! He sounds like just a horrible child - most of us are far too stiff-upper-lipped to say what we think!

    ReplyDelete