Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Thankful for.... the End of the Day

I'm sure that reading blogs everywhere today, people with an American heritage are talking about Thanksgiving and all the wonderful things they are thankful for. People are thankful for their families, friends, homes, jobs or even video games.

But my husband is away. He has been for over two weeks and it will be another two weeks before he comes home. I don't live near any family, and as we're fairly new to the community, I'm not friends with any of my neighbors.

So today, I am thankful that the day is ending. I no longer have to deal with the kid who is really potty trained but still manages to get all his clothing wet. I no longer have to deal with the girl who absolutely does not pay attention to me whenever I ask her to do something. I no longer have to deal with the girl with the lice in her hair. And I no longer have to deal with the guest who came over, stuffed our toilet, and didn't tell me.

My day is over, and THAT is the thing I am most grateful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Happy for you that the day is over but can we go back to some things you said? Do you now have 2 daughters? And does one of them have lice? AND you have a clogged toilet? I would be glad that the day is over too but I hate to tell you what happens when you wake up tomorrow morning!
    Sending love through the internet xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    One daughter, and dealt with the toilet. I am supermom.

    ReplyDelete