Wednesday, December 15, 2010

And They Say Yawns are Contagious....

People are nuts. People think that yawns are contagious but its not true. Its all peer pressure. If one person is tired, then their friends all think, "Well, if I'm not tired, then I'm just the loser who went to bed at eight o'clock last night.... Ok, I'll yawn too!" Of course.... our subconsciouses have this conversation with themselves so quickly and quietly, that they have duped us into thinking that yawns are contagious.

I think that happiness is contagious. I'll tell you why.


I started being serious about getting my house in order about six weeks ago. Six weeks ago I was bitter, depressed, and surrounded by mountains of crap. I decided to turn to Flylady. I saw sunshine. I saw cheer. I saw happiness. And I wanted some.

So I took one step. I washed my dishes. It was the smallest step and yet my happiness was instantaneous. I wanted more. It became my drug of choice. So I continued.... one day at a time.

I still have a long road ahead of me. I still have mountains of crap -- although instead of an entire mountain range rivaling the size of the Himalayas taking over my whole house, I'm down to the Catskill Mountains -- and they are only in one room.

With all this, I'm genuinely happy. Its written all over my face, and it infiltrates into every part of my life. People are noticing and they want some of it for themselves. Now these people have started to make a change. What's funny is that their change is not because they've seen the difference in my home, rather they've heard the joy in my voice and read my words that are celebrating my life.

This is my life. And I choose happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Flylady is great isn't she! :) Just wait till you start playing BINGO with us on Facebook...

    ReplyDelete