Sunday, December 19, 2010

I am the Master of the Master Bedroom

Oh. My. God.

Those were the first words that came to mind when I thought about cleaning my bedroom.

I remember as a little girl, I used to love watching Fraggle Rock. One of the funnier characters was the Garbage Heap. This was a giant mountain of garbage that would talk. Well, I could have sworn that the other day when I walked into my room, my bedroom started talking to me.... It didn't have nice things to say. Then again, if I were my bedroom heap, I wouldn't have nice things to say to me either!

I had to tackle this head first. Its all about taking the first step. So I did that. I took the first step -- right out of the room. I walked into the kitchen and cleaned. My next project? I still avoided my room and I cleaned the living room instead. After that, I continued my procrastination regimen and worked in the kids room. I started running out of rooms. I was left with the hallway, my bathroom and my bedroom.

So I decided to do the hallway next. But I ran into a problem -- I was done with the hallway in one quick shot. I knew what that meant -- My bedroom was about to come after me and attack me. It was time to arm myself. So, together with a garbage bag, a couple of laundry baskets and my timer, I prepared for battle.

Today was a great start in my bedroom. I am no where near finished with it, but the first step is always the hardest. And if I can do that, then I know that I can do anything!

I am flying! See me Soar!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty much how I feel about my bedroom as well! lol I have a week off of work coming up, so I plan to get it tackled and out of the way then.
    By the way, my heart goes out to you with your landlord issues. I pray that you find a wonderful place to call home very soon and can leave that masshole out of your lives forever!

    ReplyDelete