Monday, July 25, 2011

Toilet Training for Dummies.... I Mean Mommies

I wish each kid would come with their own manual. I'd be so easy to know when to toilet train and how to toilet train. But what I'm doing, is NOT working.

Thankfully, I had a better day overall. I was determined to be optimistic today. So I got up, got dressed and felt good about my appearance and started a load of laundry. I cleaned up the living room and even rearranged some furniture. I finally felt ready for the day and so I undressed my son.



He was really good. He wanted to sit on the potty, and stay there. And yes, he did get up, walk around, only to have an accident. But he also had a success. And even though he didn't realize he was successful until I pointed it out to him, he was still proud of himself.

I just wish I hadn't given in and put his diaper back on so early today...

But the day ended on such a high note. Friends came over. Really good friends. The kids played, we made dinner, and we all had a great time. Its helped me to reflect on today's aggravations in a much more positive light. So now, not only can I look forward to a new day tomorrow, I can be pleased with how today turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on your blog, I noticed this comment: "Friends came over. Really good friends. The kids played, we made dinner, and we all had a great time." If you've got good friends that you can spend time with in the kitchen, and cook with, that is *fantastic* for your cooking/menu plan project.

    You are doing great keeping a positive mood for the training. WTG!

    ReplyDelete