Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Caution: Heavy Load

I had a breakthrough today. And I didn’t even clean or organize my house. I talked.

Every person goes through life with baggage. Sometimes it’s a designer handbag, and sometimes it’s a giant duffel bag that has been through a war. But every person has their unique baggage that they travel with.

I am no different. I have baggage. Its not pretty, and its extremely heavy. But I’m strong and I carry it with me.

This week I started to lose my grip. I felt as if I were being crushed by all the things I carry with me. And instead of letting go, I was depressed and would cry at the slightest touch.

Its important to my story that I tell you that I made a new friend this week. Maybe since our friendship is so new, I felt uninhibited when speaking to her. Or maybe its just the person she is. But she let me vent. And I feel as if the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders.

Of course I will continue to carry things with me, but now I have someone who will help share the load.

I guess you can say that I decluttered my mind.  

1 comment:

  1. I am having a hard time with this one because I have know you for a few years and I would've shared your load.
    A :-(

    ReplyDelete